Barbados is an island nation in Lesser Antilles, in the Caribbean region of North America. Education in this island is based on the British norms. Government spends 6.7% of its GDP on education. As Barbados is located between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, so it has economic and social structure that helps to fulfill the development of the island. It has good social stability and growing economy. Its excellent environment with powdery sand, exotic wildlife, pleasing environment, high living style, globally-recognized degree and beautiful landscape make it a perfect destination for education. Barbados has the 100% rate of literacy also holding huge collection of scholars, sportsmen, musicians etc. Country also offers experience of rich culture and a friendly environment.
Why Study in Barbados?
Reasons to Join Institutes of Barbados
After getting independence from the United Kingdom in 1966, there were very little changes made in the Education System. Therefore model of Barbadian Education System is very close to the British System. There are many institutes in this country which are hundred years old to the days of British time. Higher Education institutes of Barbados provide top quality education. 250 American University students choose to study in Barbados every year. It also maintains strong partnerships with Universities like Oxford, John Hopkins and McGill in various countries like U.K, U.S.A and Canada. There are many reasons to study in Barbados, which are as follow:
- In Barbados, teachers move according to the learning power of the students.
- Ministry of Education provides lesson plans to the instructors to develop classroom techniques.
- Gender equality prevails in the Education system.
- Disabled students are aided by the government. There are 2 public schools for learners with disabilities.
- Involvement of parents exist in the academic progress of the learners.
- The Ministry of Education work closely with the Educational Institutes to assure fair and complete testing in Institutions.
Requirements to Study in Barbados
There is a huge range of courses which are offered at graduate and undergraduate levels. There are 3 levels of gaining knowledge such as primary Education, secondary Education and higher Education. The courses like Business, Management and Design are well known in Barbados. Government of Barbados also offers several scholarship opportunities to the International Students. In order to apply for student visa in Barbados, students must have following documents-
- Two application forms are required: – H-1 and H-2 and application fee. Complete the appropriate application form.
- Photocopy of valid passport.
- 4 passport sized photographs.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Academic credentials.
- Letter of acceptance from the Institution.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Evidence of financial resources.
- A police certificate of character (PCC).
- Parent’s consent proof (if required).
How to Apply Study Visa for Barbados
Barbados Study Visa Process
If International Students wants to study in Barbados, then they must apply for Student Visa. Barbados Study Visa is only issued by the Barbados Immigration Department. First step is to fill the Application Form at least three months before the course start date in order to avoid any delay or last minute rush and then submit it to the Immigration Department. There are two types of application forms i.e. H1 and H2, which students need to fill and submit to the Barbados Immigration Department. The Application process takes approx. 4-6 weeks. Follow these simple steps to apply for study visa in Barbados-
- Fill out the application forms.
- After completing the forms, directly submit it to the Immigration Department at least 3 months prior to the start of the course.
- All the forms must be tested by the Ministry of Education and it must be signed by the concerned College or University.
Work while Study in Barbados
Earn while Studying
Part time work is helpful to earn enough to cut daily expenses but Barbados government never compromise with the study of students so Students do not have permission to work on study visa. After study, students can work on work permit but during study, students have to concentrate on their study without worrying about earning or job.