After B.tech in Electrical Engineering you can
- apply for govt. as well private jobs.
- get private jobs like havells, Larsen &Turbo, and other companies as they all require engineers for maintenance.
- get to work in public owned PSUs like BHEL, NTPC, NHPC, ONGC, AAI, IOCL, HPCL, Power Grid corporation, and state owned electricity boards and they offer very good salary and other facilities.
- you can also do Mtech in ee as well as other fields if you want your career in research or teaching.
- you can appear for GATE (graduate aptitude test in engineering) which is a gateway for all IITs, and PSUs.
- now-a-days gate score has become extremely important for engg grads because Gate score is also being taken by some reputed private organisations like Maruti Suzuki, TATA motors.
- apart from career in technical field, you are also eligible for taking other entrance exams such as banking, UPSC civil services, SSC, police.
- you are also eligible for applying to Indian Army, Navy and Airforce.
- India’s premier research institutes like, BARC also take their own examination as well Gate score for filling up their vacant electrical posts. Other organisations include DRDO, ISRO.
- Indian Engineering Services is the best govt. job for an electrical engineer. It is conducted by UPSC.
- Well Mtech from IIT also gives you a chance to work abroad.
- MBA from IIMs is like dream come true if you wish to have a career in management. Salary packages are humungous.
- There are a lot of opportunities for us. Few of them I have listed here. I myself am preparing for Gate 2019 and state electricity board.
- Hope the answer helps.